Monday, August 9, 2010

Ever heard of a Doggy Day Spa?

Happy Monday Morning! I love a good Monday morning (and yes, that sentence is laced with sarcasm). I haven’t had my morning dose of caffeine yet, so I am not quite ready to greet the day with open arms. And you’ll never guess? It’s raining.... again.

BUT yesterday the sun was shining! It was a beautiful day and I really needed it. There have only been a handful of t-shirt days like that this summer (well, at least for me... days when I am bundled up in three layers, kids run past in t-shirts and shorts). I spent the early afternoon hiking the tundra and along the coast. The last of the flowers are losing their blooms... just in time for the berries to ripen. I sat in the sun munching on blueberries as I looked down over Frobisher Bay. There was a lovely breeze coming off the water and the sun was shining brilliantly off the bay... that was a nice moment.

On Saturday I went to the Fire Hall and volunteered at a Doggy Day Spa fundraiser for the Iqaluit Humane Society. It was a really cute idea. People brought their dogs down and for $10 for small dogs, $15 for medium and $20 for large we bathed, brushed and dried their dogs. They even painted the claws of a couple of the cute little ones. I washed everything from a Yorkie to a Great Dane named Marley. I really enjoyed myself and got my doggy fix for the next two weeks I’m sure, but are my legs ever tender today after crouching over a wash basin for three hours and then hiking yesterday.

Have a good week all!

This guy needed alot of work! She's a sled dog but her fur is not typical of Nunavut huskies and she was full of mats and dirt, poor thing. What a sweetie though!






No comments:

Post a Comment