Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Day three!

Well, I made it. I have arrived in Iqaluit and I'm delighted to be here! I am still pretty much in shock that I am actually here and that I have actually done this. It hits me every now and then and throws me off, not unlike similar feelings I have experienced in Korea and other places I have been.

It is currently 9:30 pm on my third day and the sun is still bright in the sky. It pretty much doesn't get dark, just twilighty, so there is light coming in around the curtains all night. It doesn't bother me too much though, I think I will adjust quickly... I love my sleep. I am watching Dances with Wolves. For those of you who can remember the movie, Kevin Costner narrates his diary and it inspired me to start my blog! Now all I need is a Two Socks and a Cisco and I will be all set!

The trip here was pretty stress free, which was in stark contrast to the weeks leading up to my departure. I had no idea how much time and energy it would take to prepare for my move here... not to mention the damage to my visa! It will be worth it as the months roll by though. I think I have enough laundry detergent and tooth paste for the next year!

I am staying in a nice hotel right across the street from my work, so I have lots of time to focus on me, getting lots of rest and recovering from the cold I developed as a result of all the stress before I left! Don't worry, I'm not pointing any fingers, it was all self inflicted. I need to develop some strategies to manage my stress better!

Oh yeah, the work! I'll talk about that some other time... I'm sleepy... but I'm here and I'm happy... good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment